< Portal:San Francisco Bay Area < Years
1860

Nahl brothers in SF
- Congregation Beth Israel-Judea forms in San Francisco from the merger of the Conservative Congregation Beth Israel and the Reform Temple Judea
- The San Francisco Olympic Club is founded (founder Arthur Nahl pictured working out with his brother in 1855)
- The Woodford Hotel and Saloon in Contra Costa County becomes a Pony Express stop (historical plaque pictured)
- The James Lick Mansion in Santa Clara, the estate of James Lick, is completed
- The Black Diamond coal mine is started by Noah Norton
- San Francisco's population is 56,802, an increase by 63% from 1852's 34,776
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.